WHAT IS FATDB?
FatDB is the next generation NoSQL database for Windows users that goes beyond NoSQL by integrating Map Reduce, a file management system, a high-speed cache, and application services. The result is a high performance database that is able to deliver scale-out applications across tens or hundreds of nodes.
FatDB has three goals:
- To be the most effective NoSQL database for Windows users
- To enhance SQL Server by adding NoSQL capabilities and reducing total cost of ownership
- To provide a multi-client application platform that delivers significant reductions in time to market for new applications
FatDB is integrated into .NET and leverages Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) services. Developers familiar with these frameworks will have a short learning curve with FatDB.
- Ability to index properties in objects for performing range queries
- Efficient memory-based cache with a sliding expiry window
- Delayed write capability to boost performance
- Optional high throughput, disk-based persistence layer
- Versioned objects to support a typical enterprise application
- Quorum reads and writes and eventual consistency for high availability and performance
- Data affinity support for optimized use of RAM
- Simple, yet smart client for the most efficient developer experience